Post by clint02 »

Here is a few pics of my VN V6,

its a series 1
the engine is standard,
its got a manual with 3.9 diff gears

just a simple cheap set up, but its fun to drive

I have put in ba XR8 injectors, which i believe are 30lb

its got a bosh 040 pump inline before the filter

I made up a stainless manifold used the standard manifold on the drivers side and put the waste gate on the cross over pipe under the gearbox,

its got the standard cat and a red back 2.5" exhaust

the turbo is a t70 and a chinese 38mm waste gate.

runs a 2bar tune and is set on 16psi at the moment.

ive done about 6000kms in it now and it hasnt missed a beat, its been the simplest and cheapst conversion I have done so far. its good to pull up at the loghts next to a skyline or a vn ss and blow them away...
heathcote_081018_holden_216b.jpg
heathcote_081018_holden_216b.jpg (119.29 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Attachments
SANY0574.JPG
SANY0574.JPG (220.18 KiB) Viewed 8508 times
SANY0547.JPG
SANY0547.JPG (191.84 KiB) Viewed 8501 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Turbo VN V6

Post by antus »

That is the sh1t! Ive been in to wagons for a long time, and helped my mate some 8 or so years ago supercharge a VN, so this all looks very interesting. How have you done the exhaust to the turbo? My mate went supercharger to avoid the extra piping from the opposite side of the engine. The other commodore v6 turbo ive seen had a turbo hanging off each side. He was running 10psi on a stock engine, then somehow blew it up. Im not sure exactly what went wrong there. After 6000kms it sounds like yours is the go!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

finally haha good to see some pics up lol.my mate just put an 044 pump in line but the intank pump cant keep up with it and causes the engine to die out just something to watch out for even though you have slightly smaller 040 pump he had to add a surge.did you need to change that tune much i sent you.hey ant this thing loves 16psi due to safe timing thats what kills them normally to much advance beats the bearings to death and headgaskets it was only the increase to 20 psi that the headgaskets didnt like aye clint need a 3 bar before going there again LOL :D ordered a new cluych yet.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
XR Pilot
cars: Nissan Skyline wagon, ST162 Celica + MR2 turbo engine (project)

Post by XR Pilot »

I'm not really into Buicks myself, but respect for the sleeper wagon :D I've got a Skylne wagon turbo and make a sleeper like yours, someday 8-)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

love it!!! this shit is right up my alley ... stockish looking car .... all the good shit where its required :)
clint02
cars: turbo vn

Post by clint02 »

Hey Antus
here is a pic of the crossover pipe, it just runs from the drivers sidemanifold straight over and joins in to the back of the turbo manifold.

Delcowizzard, that tune you sent over was very close to spot on, i had to put a but more fuel in the lower section at cruise but other than that it was great, yeah the first engine held out well untill i got greedy and wound the boost up to 20 psi and blew the headgasket to bits, i even found pieces of it in the sump lol. The engine in it now is the one that has done 6000kms and it was a $57 engine off ebay, it cost me more to hire the trailer to go and pick it up as it did for the engine lol

i am going to pick up the clutch for it on monday, i got hold of a 5 puk sprung center button clutch, it should hold togethor better than this one, going to put a spool in it aswell, there is a skid pan day on in a few weeks and i want to get it ready for then, im looking foward to it....

after chatting to you the other day, you got me thinking about putting in a bigger fuel system head studs and mls headgaskets and running the 3bar tune with 20psi...
Attachments
SANY0582.JPG
SANY0582.JPG (207.35 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ahh yeah I see :) Looks good.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

now thats an interesting way of doing the wastegate 1st time ive seen it done ilike that pretty good idea.bleeds off the boost ok obviously.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hey clint what sort of gap are you running on the plugs just have someone with issues of there car hitting a wall at 3-5psi wondering if it blowing out the spark.it is rich all over and plugs are black but im not there to do much myself just wondering if you run stock gap or not.before i send a leaner tune all the way there for no reason.
Matt_vp
cars: Turbo v6 vp wagon
vy lumina

Post by Matt_vp »

nice wagon man, i like the crossover pipe and wastegate, i got a vp turbo wagon, the v6s love some boost hay.