Locked ls1 pcm need help

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
odd boy
cars: Vette 99 FRC

Re: Locked ls1 pcm need help

Post by odd boy »

what if i need to get rid of the lock and replace it with another tune??? I don't want to know what is in the old file.

Post by Newbie »

Simple remove flash chip and write a unlocked bin file then refit.
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

As newbie stated thats exactly what i ended up doing

Remove chip from locked PCM and rewrote a stock .bin file to it so its a fresh start then resoldered it back in

the sockets i ordered got lost in postage and i had another set sent and they just turned up
odd boy

Post by odd boy »

thanks a lot to you all for the quick reply. I have Efilive and can easily know the seed address, what should I do with it to know the password.

Post by Newbie »

Either ask the person who locked it for the password or remove flash rewrite it then refit it. They are the 2 fastest options
odd boy

Post by odd boy »

I removed one chip and installed same size bin file but different OS, now I can't read it via efilive. I checked all soldering and found ok, can any one explain what could go wrong!!

Post by Newbie »

A few things can go wrong but if your confident the integrity of you solder joints are correct with nobridging, lifted track on the pcb you may eliminate that
Could you open the Bin file you flashed with Efilive before you wrote it?
Does the car start? If not did you verify that it burnt correctly. Sometimes you need to invert the bin before you write it,just depending on if how it was read.
Did you write a bin file or a .tun file? It has to be a .Bin file (.tun file is a encrypted file that is decrypted by efilive before it flashes
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

i forgot to byteswap the bin before writing it and had to pull it back off and redo it

just need to write the bin back how the other one came off checking the vin is the easiest way 4 me

live n learn lol
odd boy

Post by odd boy »

Newbie wrote:A few things can go wrong but if your confident the integrity of you solder joints are correct with nobridging, lifted track on the pcb you may eliminate that
Could you open the Bin file you flashed with Efilive before you wrote it?
Does the car start? If not did you verify that it burnt correctly. Sometimes you need to invert the bin before you write it,just depending on if how it was read.
Did you write a bin file or a .tun file? It has to be a .Bin file (.tun file is a encrypted file that is decrypted by efilive before it flashes
The file I flashed into the ECU was read from another ECU. That ECU I have tuned many times with Efilive. What do u mean by invert the bin??

I burned the attached file for your reference.
Z06CURRENT.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
odd boy

Post by odd boy »

TTVN wrote:i forgot to byteswap the bin before writing it and had to pull it back off and redo it

just need to write the bin back how the other one came off checking the vin is the easiest way 4 me

live n learn lol
what do u mean by byteswap....I am new and just started learning