Locked ls1 pcm need help

General Tuning Questions And Discussions

Re: Locked ls1 pcm need help

Post by Newbie »

byteswap/invert swaps the Hi/Low buffer, depending on your burner software there is a byte swap or invert option.
But that bin you have there is fine. I would be removing the flash chip again and try to read it out again just to be sure it actually did burn correctly.
Make sure you clean the flash chip legs to ensure a good connection to the psop adaptor as they can become tempramental if there is a build up of solder etc. If it reads out fine and you verified a good read easiest way is like ttvn said verify a vin and calibration in bin which is located a 6000.
If thats all fine make sure you havent lifted a track when removing flash. Reinstall it and try to read it out again.
Goodluck
odd boy
cars: Vette 99 FRC

Post by odd boy »

is there any problem if I swap corvette with camaro files? do I have to program the same operating system to be able to read it with efilive??

Post by Newbie »

No it will be fine as long as the BIN opens with efilive which it does
brewskie

Post by brewskie »

Good Day hello all very new to this what reader / burner do you use to read the 28f400 chip, I purchased one only to find out that it wasn't supported don't want to get caught out again any help would be appreciated Thanks Daniel

Post by Newbie »

Willem with a psop44 adaptor http://www.darkwire.com.au ( aussie site) http://www.mcumall.com ( international but ships to aus)
brewskie

Post by brewskie »

Any particular model or will they all do the job
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The USB GQ4x works well for everything I have used it for. Although I have not used it for these LS1 4mbit chips, the PC software says it does support them.

Post by Newbie »

I have both GQ3x and GQ4x. The 4x is heaps simpler to use but both work the same
brewskie

Post by brewskie »

Thanks to everyone for there advice my GQ-4X turned up today so let the fun begin :D
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

you may need to slow the burn down to the 0 setting for it to burn more reliably mine was a little erratic on the +2 setting and often didnt verify on the write so i slowed it down and its fine