Logger improvements

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
pmcquay

Re: Logger improvements

Post by pmcquay »

If you want someone to help, I'd be more than willing, and yeah not having the logging mess with the flashing would be priority there I'd imagine. I'd just need to know where to start so as to not step on anyone's toes, or duplicate work. I'm willing to do simple code cleanup and organization tasks as well, if things need moved around for that sort of work.
rjdrew1986

Post by rjdrew1986 »

Just curious, what are the symptoms when Crank Relearn is needed?
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

If the value has never been learned than the ecm sets a dtc. otherwise some service procedures require you to relearn it for misfire detection (engine replacement).
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Yep. I want it for the misfire detection. What I thought was a rough cam turned out to be a flaky ignition harness, which I confirmed by using a temperature gun on the exhaust headers. I thought I had it fixed, but now I'm not sure.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!