Couldnt really find a section for this..

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Re: Couldnt really find a section for this..

Post by Doctor Bob »

the "police mode" is in VT-VX clusters & all it does is display the digital speedo, its no more accurate than normal
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Thanks - I haven't seen the inside of a commodore for almost 15 years, so not really up to speed on these sort of things ;)
The1

Post by The1 »

programmer looks good festy, have you worked out why some numbers will display and others wont with the same checksum calc? I havn't had any luck
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

The1 wrote:programmer looks good festy, have you worked out why some numbers will display and others wont with the same checksum calc? I havn't had any luck
All going rather well actually ;)
I got a bunch more done to the software on my train ride home, to the point where it's useable and generating complete (and valid) bins and dongle instructions.
I just need to add comm port and send the output there instead of printing it, but at even as it is now I can type in a odo number and program it in under 30 seconds, no more calculations and translations finally!

As a test, I picked a couple of the numbers you couldn't get going - 1529 and 1530 were two I think...
1529.jpg
1529.jpg (8.28 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
1530.jpg
1530.jpg (9.16 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
app.jpg
app.jpg (16.53 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
The1

Post by The1 »

very nice work :thumbup: , i am wondering what im missing, sorry i haven't picked it up yet :oops:

For EG

1526 which didn't work before with this code
CC33 FF00 57A8 9B64

Works with this code
DC23 FF00 57A8 9B64

64^A8^00 = CC ^ FF = 33 So CC 33 which is how i did the ones that worked

Just trying to workout how to calculate word 0 properly.
Streetholden
cars: VH, VK, VS, VU

Post by Streetholden »

Wow. You guys got really stuck into it. I think i might have a crack at this if yall whiling to give a hand. As fair as i can tell i need the $20 ebay reader and ponyprog to get started?
The1

Post by The1 »

Streetholden wrote:Wow. You guys got really stuck into it. I think i might have a crack at this if yall whiling to give a hand. As fair as i can tell i need the $20 ebay reader and ponyprog to get started?
yeh that ebay programmer and you'll need to make up a custom socket to use the icsp header on the burner, the wiring for it is in that pdf a few pages back. If it's a once off and you dont want the hassle im sure one of us can organise a burn for you, but the programmer is cheap!

This is what i made up
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Cheers mate. Ill grab that PDF and organize some parts and such. Thanks for the offer for a one off burn but i would like to learn how to do it. And the only way i learn is buy doing it. I have been reading this thread from day one, but half the posts confused the heck out of me. Ill order the program sometime this week and hopefully get up to where you guys are :D

Not to mention im always looking for something to do/learn, helps with the quitting of smoking.
The1

Post by The1 »

same here, not a theory person, just have to do it, good stuff :thumbup:
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Just saw your image on the other page and the webpage you had linked for a wiring diagram. I have no idea how you went from that page and made what you did. I think i may need to go back to basics or is their labeling on the programer?