Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: The FlashTool V1.36

Post by VL400 »

The F1 device is the BCM, its possible the bus chatter is causing issues of not seeing a reply from it. Have a play with the silence timeout, I changed it to 15mS in the latest release as others said that works better, however 50mS works best for me on the test setup.

Can you use TP to log it using the ADX here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=725

What ALDL interface are you using??
stevedarman
cars: VX commodore

Post by stevedarman »

I am using a usb cable with aldl plug on the end it works with VR and VS.
I cant get tunerpro to connect
I have tried 50ms 100 ms even 15o ms with no luck
any more sujestions?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

If TP and the flashtool wont connect it could be the cable, the later models are a little more critical due to a heap of bus chatter. Just incase you havnt, you must use the TP logging engine and not the OSEPlugin for VT and later.

Is your laptop reasonably spec'd? It takes more processing power due to the tight time scheduling.
stevedarman
cars: VX commodore

Post by stevedarman »

what do you mean TP logging engine and not the OSEPlugin ?
lap top is new
VL400

Post by VL400 »

If you dont know what the plugin is then your prob not using it :lol: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

I think i might have one of those KDAC PCMs but I wont be able to check till I'm back in syd in Dec.
malser

Post by malser »

ejukated wrote:I think i might have one of those KDAC PCMs but I wont be able to check till I'm back in syd in Dec.
Thank you, we will wait
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not to seem rude or unappreciative, is there any chance we can make the tool just flash the corrected check sum on VX-VY PCM flash rather than having a complete re-write?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

With those flash chips you have to erase an entire block of flash, then re-send the whole chunk. Its not possible to just update a couple of bytes, and the pcms dont have enough ram to back up the whole block internally, so it needs to come from the pc again.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The main issue is you cant work out the checksum prior if writing just a cal - if writing an entire bin I could add a check prior to writing but thats really not going to help 90% of the time. The only alternative is to not write the checksum bytes (leave them erased as FF), write the cal, checksum it all and then fix the bytes. There are some drawbacks and the checksum fix was meant to be a temp solution until TP can handle it hence the current quick fix.