IPS in $51 super 6 bin??????

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

IPS in $51 super 6 bin??????

Post by TTVN »

hey guys , does anyone know what setting is responsible for idle proportionate spark in the $51 super 6 bins

when i richen up the idle it goes into surge loop adding and subtracting too much spark then iac steps so i need to filter it down a touch but cant work out what setting it is

thanks Rod
The1

Re: IPS in $51 super 6 bin??????

Post by The1 »

are you tuning open loop or closed loop?

If closed loop are the BLM's correct, If open loop is the wideband reading correct mix? if those are right then set your idle speed table, change your stop screw to get IAC steps right about 30, then tune your spark where you need it. Pretty sure there's idle spark and rpm tables defined. The enhanced bin having the injector multiplier table may help tune the idle better.
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

i was going to have a crack at closed loop but it seems the 02 is too far away from the heat to heat it up in just normal driving as the turbo is between engine and radiator and the 02 is back near the bellhousing

was running about 15.5 afr at idle with popping which is annoying and draws attention so i decided to change the injector tables a pinch to richen it up to reduce the popping and it smoothed out then and started to hunt . i pulled a little back out and its borderline on the popping but will sometimes just begin a slight hunt cycle .

iv commanded 25 deg idle across the board in the idle map and its going into closed loop idle mode which has helped but idle timing is still moving around which i why i assumed IPS but cant find a setting for it like other earlier xdf's

thanks rod
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I agree with THE1,

Most cases I've found it's due to incorrect fueling or if the air flow isn't whats desired & it's using everything it can to try & get it there & then goes into a wild swing trying to then correct 2 issues!
TTVN

Post by TTVN »

thx for the help guys ill go setup all the gear on it and see whats going on

appreciate your time :)
The1

Post by The1 »

have you changed the open loop table?

Only other thing i can think of have you checked the Coolant temp is reading correctly?

Other than that got a log with wideband feed and bin? or just a plain log, Might be able to see something missed.
The1

Post by The1 »

the other option to try is to narrow the crosscount target. 47EB 47EC make it 352 - 550