TP5 RT won't load

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

TP5 RT won't load

Post by benk »

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem with loading TP before? Was going to do some editing of a couple of tunes off line and go to load TP and it seems to stall on "Detecting hardware" and won't load any further?? Have tried reinstalling it but still gets stuck at the same stage.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: TP5 RT won't load

Post by antus »

I changed a fair bit with the plugin between at v1.40. Which version are on you on? and on what type of car running what code on the nvram? v1.31 is still available for download at the bottom of the plugin thread (the last of the old generation) should you need it in a hurry. I believe v1.43 is good but if it is not I'd like to work with you and sort out any problems. Else if its v1.40-v1.42 then that will be your problem - grab v1.43 from the plugin thread and use that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
benk

Post by benk »

I updated everything to the latest versions about 1 1/2 months ago and everything was working fine when connected to the vehicle. Not sure if I had tried to open it off line since I last updated everything. I haven't had a chance to check to see if it will still open when connected to the vehicle yet to see if it is only an issue while not connected to anything as I am out at work and the car is at home... lol.
I can't get into it to see what what last loaded on it but it should have been $12P and was connected to my VR (running an 808 ECM) Will have a look and see what the exact versions are and let you know but pretty sure that it is V1.43.

BTW I'm not connected to a vehicle. Just wanted to do some changes to a tune to upload when I get home.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Delete oseplugin.dll from my documents\tunerpro files\plugins and it'll start up. Grab v1.43 from the plugin thread and use that when you need to use it on a car, it came out last week. You would have one of the problem versions.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
benk

Post by benk »

no worries will try that and see how it goes
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I actually had that EXACT problem yesterday, couldn't even stop process!

Worked perfect the day before, but to fix yesterday I just turned pc off & back on & it just got passed detect hardware & opened fine & same today!

I didn't think anything of it, but are running 1.43 too & has been fine for last few days!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The problem benk hit was not with 1.43
benk

Post by benk »

updated it to the latest oseplugin but still had no luck. Delete the plugin and TP fired up straight away. Tried it with all the older versions of the oseplugin and had the same resault. (didn't get past "detecting hardware")
So from what you are saying that I should delete it untill I'm ready to plug back into the car and then reinstall it and it should work fine? Will just have to remember to do it when I get back home... lol
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I'll PM you, and we can see whats happening. I think it might be waiting too long for the replies and since 12p is not connected (its one of the first to be checked) I think it is taking a long time checking for each and every pcm code it knows about. I reckon it would start up eventually but I'd like to get the timings balanced so they work for everyone without too much delay.

For now you can uncheck 'auto detect hardware on startup' in the tuner pro preferences so it does not go through that process until you are ready - only hit the detect hardware button when the car is connected and the turn around should be a lot quicker.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

antus wrote:The problem benk hit was not with 1.43
I didn't think it would have been seeing he was using gear from 1.5 months ago!

I don't think my issue was the plug-in either probably just my old machine having a hissy!