Vy vz cluster programming tool

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Vy vz cluster programming tool

Post by TTVN »

Hey all I know there is allegedly some arrow software on the net somewhere for the vy vz clusters but is apparently not worth chasing as it only lets u do basic tasks
Also I have seen someone does programming software for them but I can't find who it is
Does anyone know of any software available for programming the fuel gauges in them I have a friend with a wagon and it drives them crazy and they want to get it sorted
They had already tried 2 tank senders and I checked the cluster settings with the tech2 and its all right but it starts complaining with. Low fuel warning coming on reading 1/8 tank but fill it up and only takes 45 litres and I completely pumped the tank dry and refilled it by hand to verify that when it starts complaining there's still 30l left in the tank
I'd love to use the software to change the gauge position to sender ohm output
If anyone could help I'd appreciate it a lot and willing to purchase if needed
Thanks rod
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: Vy vz cluster programming tool

Post by festy »

I'm (slowly) working on a VZ tool but it'll be a while off yet.
The fuel gauge can be re-calibrated, if you can read the bin off the cluster I could manually change it for you.
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

Thanks for the offer if I cant find a solution we might have to go that way
Was obviously hoping for an easy fix if there is one
Thanks rod
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the Arrow software that is floating around lets you do EVERYTHING. click odometer changed, click fuel guage ohms calibration changed, click HSV bootup logo, click custom bootup message. list goes on. but due to this functionality, and the fact that it was leaked form arrow, it is illegal.

for the fuel guage, have you verified that the ohms keep going down after the guage bottoms out? you can go into engineering mode and watch the actual sender ohms and keep pumping the tank. you can map the actual liters to the guage ohms that way then when you get someone to reprogram the cluster you have the data ready to fire in.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its also one of those tools that cant be distributed here. You will need to find it elsewhere if thats what you are going to do.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

TTVN wrote:Thanks for the offer if I cant find a solution we might have to go that way
Was obviously hoping for an easy fix if there is one
Thanks rod
Grab an ALDL cable (if you dont have one already!), and Ill nudge you in the right direction with what/where you need to edit over aldl. Sounds like you have a ute fuel configuration in a sedan.

Do you have a vy or vz?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread ... 177&page=1 aldl cluster programming including spreadsheet theyve done some good work

edit: seems tazzi had a bit of input over there im sure he will sort you out rod :thumbup:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
TTVN

Post by TTVN »

i typed a big reply last night on my phone and it didnt upload lol

i have checked that the ohms starts changing after about 5l goes in so i figurerd that side is ok

it just drives them crazy whinging for more fuel when its got nearly half a tank left in it lol

i also checked it has the right wagon cal in it as its an adventra as i thought the cluster may have been out of something else also

thanks for the help guys i will be in touch Tazzi

really appreciate it guys
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

TTVN wrote:i typed a big reply last night on my phone and it didnt upload lol

i have checked that the ohms starts changing after about 5l goes in so i figurerd that side is ok

it just drives them crazy whinging for more fuel when its got nearly half a tank left in it lol

i also checked it has the right wagon cal in it as its an adventra as i thought the cluster may have been out of something else also

thanks for the help guys i will be in touch Tazzi

really appreciate it guys
Too easy mate :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726