4L60E control settings

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
T2000
cars: VP v6 Wagon, VE 6ltr with LiLPG & Rotrex Supercharger, Alfa Romeo GT

Re: 4L60E control settings

Post by T2000 »

Sorry to stir up so much dust... but doing a little thread digging ;)

Doing some tuning on a couple of 4L60-E's and came up with a curious observation.

Comparison below is between the corresponding tables of an XU6 tune (DDRJ2641.bin / $A5K.xdf) & a VY tune (9261296.bin / $060A.xdf)

Im guessing that the values in the HSV tune are only part of the story and may be a percentage or multiplier of a base value elsewhere - missing scalar??
I cant imagine the box would even work with so little pressure.

Soooo,
That said, what sort of advice would you give re increasing shift pressures to improve shift speed/quality.
I am tempted to apply a +5% across the whole table as a starter... but if anyone has any advice that would be appreciated.

Cheers, Chris
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I'd say the second table as you say is not scaled right or something, because I know most tunes have nothing over 90 psi in them, and i'll also advise against applying too much pressure in the first few cells (ie. 0 tps or 0-6kms)

you will find if you do this and say reverse out of your driveway, while still rolling maybe only 1-2kms backwards if you put it into drive with too much pressure there it will bang in pretty hard.

like oyu say try small amounts at a time and see what change you get ...

you can see from the table at 87% throttle your getting all the box has got to give, its more about getting the other areas more crisp .... but its easy to go too far :)

also keep in mind there are some tables specific to each gear as well for shift points and adding pressure for that gear only etc.
darcy

Post by darcy »

Are you using the latest .xdf from HERE VY V6_$060A v2.63.xdf
Conversion from hex to psi is straight 1:1
T2000

Post by T2000 »

Hi gents, thanks for the quick replies :)
Holden202T wrote:I'd say the second table as you say is not scaled right or something, because I know most tunes have nothing over 90 psi in them, and i'll also advise against applying too much pressure in the first few cells (ie. 0 tps or 0-6kms)
Thanks mate - i'll keep that in mind... my new daily has a 4L60-E and now that my 6L80-E (weekend/track toy) shifts perfectly i'll see if I can apply some of what I have learned to this old girl :punk:
darcy wrote:Are you using the latest .xdf from HERE VY V6_$060A v2.63.xdf
Conversion from hex to psi is straight 1:1
Cheers darcy, I'll try opening the bin with that xdf... I was actually using the xdf from MemcalIDTool (14/1/2012 build)... xdf appears to be v2.2
Fairly obvious solution and one I probably should have checked :oops:
Many thanks for the heads-up :)

Have a great weekend guys :thumbup:
T2000

Post by T2000 »

* Update.

Yep the v2.63 xdf scaled the pressure table correctly - much more sensible numbers now!!!

Thanks again darcy :)