maf tuning problems

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
The1

Re: maf tuning problems

Post by The1 »

give this adx a try. If your using oseplugin make sure it's the latest version and set to the VT option then use No Chatter Version.
Attachments
VT_V8_$A6C_Enhanced_v0.80 - No Chatter Disable.adx
(112.88 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
VT_V8_$A6C_Enhanced_v0.80.adx
(113 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
matt

Post by matt »

Has anyone set up wideband logging for an Autronic afr meter? I have the meter set up using B12 injector monitor line, but equation doesn't work with the wideband history table being different to the meter.
matt

Post by matt »

After more modifications to the car, exhaust, injectors and pump the major problem in realtime tuning on the dyno is under high load and worse at high rpm the acquire data blue light flashes red and has errors come up. Apart from this tuner pro can connect and runs fine.

A few things I have tried
latest version of TP 5.00.8414.00 and older version 5.00.8202.00
disconnecting the bcm and using different settings in the ose plugin
latest version of the ose plugin 1.50 and older versions
using the $A6C_enhanced_v0.80 bin xdf and adx as well as the one's version with chatter disabled
using a ferrite core cable
start logging straight away once connected
This is on a windows 7 laptop

Would the adx file settings need changing to fix the data on the communication line or something similar?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah it certainly seems like a weird 1, have you got a log of when it has the connection error's & maybe the guru's could have a look?

I know it seems strange but you need to go back to that old 8202 version if you have a laptop with XP & non SP3 & try that just in case it's getting interference from programming mode's or something?
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Just a thought. Are you using after market spark plug leads? Some brands generate a lot of RFI which can play havoc with data loggers at high RPMs. Have you logged your battery voltage when this occurs?
matt

Post by matt »

The leads are champion spiral core leads which are fairly new. Here's a log from today with the errors
friday dyno run.xdl
(18.53 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah it certainly is weird, but I don't think it's just related to high rpm/load noise as you can see the Hz jumping around the whole part of that short log!

But for the guru's if you go to 0:0:18:780 mark there is near on 100% tps & Hz goes to 0.35 but can then jump anywhere from normal 7-8 to some points 30Hz.

I wish I had more info but I'm not a guru, I'd be trying factory leads non resistor spark plugs & an old XP machine with an older tp5 version.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Resistor spark plugs are the much preferred option in reducing ignition related interference.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

WOOPS thats my bad I know there actually using resistor spark plugs, but I thought standard may be better... see shows how little I know!