1 parametre needed! up for some wisdom!

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

1 parametre needed! up for some wisdom!

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey all you genius's

I have got my VX Supercharged Calais putting out some descent power around 205 rwKw & only at 5000 rpm so can push it a bit more I think, just being safe for now!
since it is damn close to driveability too, there is just 1 small problem what is the best parametre to change to get it a little richer or leaner for the first 30 seconds to 2 minutes of start up only, so it doesn't change fueling at any other area?

I tried Transient accel enrich & better but not perfect! & than it means it's getting extra fuel each time I put my foot on the pedal!

Let me know if this doesn't make sense!
Thanks All!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: 1 parametre needed! up for some wisdom!

Post by yoda69 »

L67 Gertrag,
Try the following:
* Power Enrichment AFR Vs Coolant Base Value

I assume that the engine is warming up and not yet running in closed loop.
Have a look at the spreadsheet in https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... ?f=7&t=270

Hope this helps,
yoda69
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hmm ok,

Maybe more information is needed, I didn't want to say it but it is a map based version I'm using but still with the full factory VT/VX parametres, I've been told as it is running map that can throw out the cold calculations!

The fueling problem is only on slight tps tap & no load on engine(before I even release the clutch), I just quickly tried with wideband in it last night when the problem arises & had my TAE:CLTdr set at 0.5 at the particular coolant temp set at the time(38 degrees) & it had a afr of 26 plus when slight tap, so then at the same coolant temp TAE I set it to 2.0 & the AFR went to 14 ish but there was still a slight flat spot but not as bad, so from this i'm guessing it needs to be a lot richer(but flat spot is only there for the first 30 seconds to 2 minutes of start up & the block learn is turned off).

Any ideas anyone? :study:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so what number is the wideband saying before you tap the throttle ?

is it that its lean at idle or is it that the AE is lean ..... if its just doing it when cold then i'd suggest that setting you changed will make it too rich on AE once the engine is up to temperature.

in old school $12P type settings you have a table for AFR V's Coolant Temp....

it may be that you need to adjust something like this .... or it may be idle fueling settings are wrong ....
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah the afr before tap on throttle is spot on around 14 & then slight touch on throttle goes leans as buggery, but after 2 mins of running it is fine no flat spot at all!

can change afr Vs clt but was hoping there was another way for just on start up or timed start up! :wall:

Cheers!
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Why would you want it to be timed?
Do you experience the same flat spot when you start the engine hot?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

OSE12P has "AE Temperature factor vs Coolant Temp" where AE is Acceleration Enrichment. I think you need to find the equivalent of that and make it richen it up down the cool end of the scale, below regular running temp. It sounds like its way out and is actually leaning you out massively when you accelerate with a cold engine.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

Could the 2 mins have anything to do with the O2 ready time? Just a thought.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey All!

Thanks for all your help!

I think it has got to do with the 02 warm up but I was hoping there was away around it!

It is a lot better now I adjusted all the tae mul's up but still wasn't perfect, so I then adjusted the IAC OLPFA(clt) made them 11 AFR when at cold setting & so far so good!

Cheers again all! VX L67 Getrag! :punk: