Moving idle issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.

Moving idle issue

Post by Newbie »

Hi Guys,
Hoping for a little advise VN 5L AFUA $5D what parameter is used for idle control when vehicle is moving. Have a small issue Car idles fine stationary but idles high 1700rpm when vehicle is moving when come to stop it comes back fine .

Thanks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Moving idle issue

Post by VL400 »

Have you checked the IAC steps when the car is idling fine and also for any fault codes? If its a standard bin then it sounds like the throttle stop screw may have been used to adjust idle speed and/or there is a speed sensor fault. The ECM should learn the required IAC steps to stop the high idle when coming to a stop.

Post by Newbie »

No Appaernt fault codes. Vss appear to be working fine hence return to idle when vehicle speed is 0.This has a cam I ditched the crow board and went back to a stock memcal and tuned stock bin to suit. but didnt touch idle settings. i will check iac steps
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

cant say ive ever bothered to to look at what the idle is when decellerating. :P im just curous as to why you care?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

the idle mode/table is switched to when the car is below a certain speed as you say and that speed is configurable. Before that point while the car is still rolling it is using the main fuelling table, with deceleration fuel cut. It could be that the low rpm, low vacuum areas of your VE table are tuned too high. I suggest checking your AFR for richness in those cells / under those conditions and if that is the case bump your VE down in those areas.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

isn't that something like 5 kms that setting ..... although i don't know that would be the issue as it only starts usuing the idle table after 20 seconds of idling ?

Post by Newbie »

Afrs are fine. It is a rolling idle related issue, the problem with it is when you change gears or even cruising it pushes the car and with foot on clutch it revs holds 1700rpm until stationary. It is only a idle setting adjustment as the crow chip doesn't do it and nothing has mechanically changed. I am going to half the f16 throttle cracker vs rpm table and see how i go. I just was not sure which table throttle cracker in was as it uses different labels to what im used too. yoda69 was kinder enough to point me to the table and give me another xdf as the xdf i was using was missing a few tables i will try monday.

Thanks Guys