Get unknown VN V8 tune onto Kalmaker SP3 using TunerPro?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
neRok

Re: Get unknown VN V8 tune onto Kalmaker SP3 using TunerPro?

Post by neRok »

Dylan wrote:Is that the laptop you had sp3 running on?

If it was me. Id get a read off your current kalmaker board.
I've not used my SP3 kit ever. I should probably sell it and use the funds to buy the kit from here! My current tune is on a normal looking blue memcal in a standard ecm, and thats what I want to get the tune off. The tune suits the current compression, cam, injectors, etc (none of those items are stock). I used to run a supercharger on the engine with the tune, so it may be a 2 bar tune too? (I have NFI, I bought it that way a long time ago). It could be a very basic and bad tune for all I know, or it could be top-shit. It was driving good beforehand anyway.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

So it's not blown anymore?
neRok

Post by neRok »

Its blown as in not fucking running :lol:

It stuffed the crank snout years ago, but I might get it fixed one day, so I dont just want to ditch the tune it has (...on a standard looking memcal).
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

neRok wrote:My current tune is on a normal looking blue memcal in a standard ecm, and thats what I want to get the tune off.
I can get a read of it for you. Flick me a PM, am also NOR.
neRok

Post by neRok »

Thanks for the offer VL400, I'll work something out if it comes to that.

I'm thinking my best option would be to use the new and bigger injectors I have, and tune it myself. I gotta learn some time!

Problem is, I purchased the injectors so long ago, I'm not sure what they are exactly (I can only remember somewhere in 36-46 range) and can't find a receipt or anything, AND the model numbers have been removed with a soldering iron (lol, I was probably scammed all those years ago and they'll turn out to be some stock ones). I presume this is a problem as I won't be able to enter an accurate kinjflow?
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

With the numbers removed sounds like probably stock injectors that have been drilled out for higher flow.
If done well can sometimes work but often dribble at low flow rates causing poor idle.
Also need to be flow matched as the variation on flow between injectors can also cause problems.
neRok

Post by neRok »

The ebay joint I got them from looked reputable (or else I wouldnt have got them), and they had all the rebuilding and testing/flow work done that you would expect, its just I can't remember what rating they were.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Tunerpro works on xp but isnt tested by its author who strongly recommends updating to win 7 or newer. If going tunerpro a modern laptop and FTDI chipset usb to serial is recommended for that hardware.

You should try and a copy of your old tune first. If its good you can use the injector flow rate data from there. If its not done properly can worry about it then. If you get the ftdi usb to serial you can try and read it in the kalmaker ecu in car and best case it will read. Or take up vl400 on his offer.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Id take up VL400 on his offer of reading your current memcal.
He could probably hook you up with a good USB converter and burn 12P to your Kalmaker real time board.
Then you could convert your Kalmaker tune to 12P with tuner pro.
Then get a wideband and rip into it!