New to ECU Modifacations

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: New to ECU Modifacations

Post by benk »

Should have rembered that :oops:

Once I have completed the tune is there any advantages of keeping the wideband hooked up?

Will there be any advantages to keep any O2 sensor on the engine as when I am racing it is either at WOT or idle. I am only looking for max power and not interested in fuel economy (on this engine anyway)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You dont have to leave either hooked up, once your confident the tune is stable under all operating conditions can have it run open loop all the time if you want.
benk

Post by benk »

have all the gear now and have put it all together.
I have been practicing trying to read some of the memcals that I have here but myst be doing something wrong as when I enter the read bin file into Tunner pro it dosn't make any sense so I don't think I am reading the eproms properly. The Burner that I got is the Willem PCB5.0 eprom burner. I am not quite sure what the setting are that I need to be on as the number on the VN chips arn't in the list (BLDP9140) and can't find any info on them. The chips that I got for the $12P code (27C256) are in the list.

I haven't been able to find any posts that have been much help at the moment so if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction, that would be a great help
DELCODE
cars: vr v6 commodore

Post by DELCODE »

All vn bins are on 27c128 eproms :director:
Is that number BLDP ON the eprom sticker , if so i dont think it is a vn bin .
benk

Post by benk »

I have 3 memcals here (I know one has been reprogramed) and they all have that BLDP9140 number on them (its on the chip not the sticker). One has the AWUY9398 code in it so I think that it is the original chip in it.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

don't worry about the bldp number .... the awuy tells us its a vn memcal

see here for more info - http://memcals.com/rcc_info_memcals.html

use the 27c128 settings as suggested in willem to read them.
benk

Post by benk »

Ok, worked out why the memcals were not reading properly. The adaptor that I made up so I didn't have to remove the chip from the memcal must have a loose conection in it some where. I removed the eprom from the memcal and it read fine.
To fit the 27C256 eprom with the $12P code on it in the VN memcal is there anything special that I need to do or do I just burn it straight onto the chip and fit it?
DELCODE
cars: vr v6 commodore

Post by DELCODE »

Yeah , thats what you do ,but keep in mind that the $12p bin is for a v8 in std form . If you are running it on a v6 you will have to use the v6 cal with it.
benk

Post by benk »

Yes, I have set it up for a V6. will try it out today and see how I go
benk

Post by benk »

Got the computer all set up for the nvram and installed, also installed the Com's link set up but I found out that the USB adaptor that i got wasn't the FTDI adaptor that I was after so had to order another one. Tried a few different tune and all seemed to work fine, also tried the $12P tune that I modified for the VN but it seam to be running to rich, am looking into it to see if there is anything obvoius that I have missed.
Is there any other way I can log the computer or will I have to wait till the new adaptor to turn up?