Sequential injection

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Sequential injection

Post by Dylan »

People have run Delco for trans only, nothing to hard just some wiring. Helps keep the dash happy to. Could go the LS1 set up but you'll lose sequential injection anyway.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Getting your single plane ported and flow balanced by someone with a flowbench would help a lot seen major improvements by some of the 304 head gurus on Aussiev8 forum just from careful porting at the entry's in the plenum will make more power fixing the issue than bandaiding it buy trimming cylinder fueling
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
jezza351
cars: vr ss comodooree

Post by jezza351 »

delcowizzid wrote:Getting your single plane ported and flow balanced by someone with a flowbench would help a lot seen major improvements by some of the 304 head gurus on Aussiev8 forum just from careful porting at the entry's in the plenum will make more power fixing the issue than bandaiding it buy trimming cylinder fueling
That's true to a point for a carb setup , even with a carb you still see distribution issues on a single plane due to runner lengths not being even etc but not as bad , with efi it's more pronounced as you contend with air speed being slower on the longer runners and fuel robbing occurring . Basically when batch fired the cylinders that open first can rob from the cylinders that haven't opened yet .
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

jezza351 wrote:
MAGP wrote:Emphasis by me
The1 wrote:sorry didn't read it properly, VT V8 5L was MAF and Sequential, it has Cam Signal, So VT V8 Enhanced Code on a VT V6 or V8 PCM would work.
Could I get you to clarify how a V6 PCM would work on a V8 running sequential injection?
I've never done it but I assume the pcm is physically the same , just the tune file on the memcal would suit either 6 or 8.
Pretty much the same as a vr v6 and v8 sharing the same pcm just different calibrations in the tune . Could be wrong but , others will know more.
The v8 PCM is the 531, the V6 is the 396. The V8 has capacity to drive 8 injectors (1 pin on the ecu for each injector) the V6 has 6. I was thinking that maybe 2 unused pins may have been made to work but there would be a problem with drivers cause the 396 only has 6 that I know of.

The VR and earlier PCM/ECM had batch fire that is how they could work for both V6 and V8.
jezza351

Post by jezza351 »

Yeah I read delcowizzards response and he confirmed they were different , told ya I could be wrong :thumbup:
The1

Post by The1 »

v6 and v8 pcm boards are the same, have used VT v6 in v8 before no problems.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Regardless the pcm is only sequential up until about 2500rpm arnt they ? They then revert to batch fire from my understanding ?
jezza351

Post by jezza351 »

HQ355 wrote:Regardless the pcm is only sequential up until about 2500rpm arnt they ? They then revert to batch fire from my understanding ?
Not sure on that , generally there's not much difference between sequential and batch at high rpm as sequential basically has the injector open constantly and ends up acting like a batch fired setup , but for boost and lower rpm it can be a problem with batch and lean cylinders . I need to be able to control fuelling in the mid range when full boost comes on at around 3500rpm onwards
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

The1 wrote:v6 and v8 pcm boards are the same, have used VT v6 in v8 before no problems.
Thanks, learn something new everyday.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

The1 wrote:v6 and v8 pcm boards are the same, have used VT v6 in v8 before no problems.
That's handy. I read on here the VX VY flash model only has 6 injector driver's is that right?