maf tuning problems

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: maf tuning problems

Post by VL400 »

Try the resistive plugs like delcowizzid recommends, this are a must along with the spiral leads like you have.

Also confirm that the wiring harness near the dizzy is not touching any ign leads too.
matt

Post by matt »

We have checked that the wiring harness near the dizzy is not touching any IGN leads and that any wiring harness is as far away as possible from any ignition HT leads. We have fitted resistor plugs with no improvement. After some serious time wasted, what we did find was that when the water injection was turned on/off via a boost pressure swt and relay 0 332 019 150 it caused data errors from voltage spikes. We fitted a relay with a resistor to stop this problem, R12-2A.

The next problem is Tunerpro is freezing up while logging and tuning. It will even freeze up while going back through the logs KOEO, though it seems ok with the ALDL disconnected. We just got our new ferrite core usb cable and tested it with no improvement. We have no fans or radio etc on, I can’t see any voltage spikes on the scope with the leads on the batt.

Besides all this, we are getting close with this tune thanks to your help. It looks like this setup will work using an LS1 MAF & The1's enhanced bin. I will try and do a full story on this project when we finish.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

which version of tunerpro some builds have been less stable with freezing while messing with logs
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
matt

Post by matt »

delcowizzid we are using version 5.0, Build 5.00.8202.00
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What OS? I was tuning on XP and getting crashes the other day. I think its the FTDI win XP driver. Had the same thing on an XP netbook a few months ago to. But no problems with the same hardware on win 7. We found that if it looks like it hangs, pull the usb connection out which unloads the driver and then tunerpro comes back to life and you can save the log (if it is the same problem). We need to get to the bottom of this if that is the case and find a good driver version we can recommend.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah the yanks are having driver issues on certian ftdi chips on gearhead efi ill find a link
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
matt

Post by matt »

I am using a win 7 laptop with ose 1.47 plugin. When tunerpro is connected to the car and you play a log file tunerpro will crash when you switch back to the data dash. tried unplugging the usb cable which didn't help. Also when realtime tuning tunerpro frequently crashes when modifying and uploading tables when emulating. :comp:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Can you post a log that causes it to crash along with the ADX your using?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

are you tuning with the BCM disconnected from the ecu
matt

Post by matt »

I have got tunerpro to remain stable while tuning by having the silence vehicle chatter set to none in the plugin configuration, starting the car with the bcm wire connected, then disconnecting the wire and acquire data. When tuning with the vehicle chatter set to VT and the bcm connected tuner pro crashes when uploading tables.

The log files cause tunerpro to crash every time when you switch back to the dash from playing the log in the monitors regardless if your connected to a vehicle or not. Here is a quick log file.
The adx is VT_V8_$A6C_Enhanced_v0.80
17th dec dyno run 4thgear.xdl
(28.28 KiB) Downloaded 298 times