Locked ls1 pcm need help

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Re: Locked ls1 pcm need help

Post by TTVN »

hey guys does this look like what we are looking for

i know the seed is 12 DC

bytes swapped at 4000 is DC 12 and a few rows down looks like encrypted vin

anyone????
Attachments
12DC seed bin pic.jpg
12DC seed bin pic.jpg (397.09 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
TTVN
cars: TT 355 VN, Rearmount turbo 355 vp, cammed 355 hj60 landcruiser, vx clubby n efilive VZ ls1 wagon

Post by TTVN »

actually the whole bin looks byte swapped compared to factory bin
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

looks like Intel vs AMD flash chips - intel is ass about so need to select the correct flash chip in the programmer.
TTVN

Post by TTVN »

once again i thought id attempt to be smarter than i actually am lol

a member on here helped me sort out a bin to try but while i was waiting on a reply i realised that if i byte swapped the bin then i could read it with efilive and only one parameter was out of spec

dr bob also was gracious enough to send me a stock bin to get started with but instead of playing with a known quantity i tried to merge the details from one tune to another which may or may not have worked

i burnt the merged bin to the flash and reinstalled it and the pcm was dead and wouldnt fire or comm with the scan tool on efilive however i then realised that i didnt byte swap again before i burnt it so that may be my fk up or maybe the op system code was a bit crook??????

anyway i destroyed the flash chip so im going to have to buy some more for tinkering as a few legs fell off after the hiding iv given them lol

i did however load the bin through efilive into the clubby to test and see if it runs and after tickling the cos 3 settings to what they r supposed to be it runs like a clock so woohoo the tune wasnt binned lol

im actually enjoying this little tinker and after i get some more flash chips ill post more progress

ps the flash chip is intel bottom loader and was set to the right setting im 1000% as i tried a lot of things to try and make sense of it

thanks heaps for ya help guys b back soon :)
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

might want to invest in some IC sockets for your flash chips... definitely a lot cheaper than buying a new chip every time you snap a leg or two off :thumbup:
TTVN

Post by TTVN »

also for point of interest i think that if i had simply loaded a stock bin on and then flashed the tune back in with efilive no messing around with the code would have been necessary as efilive would plant its own seed/key when flashed back in

also does anyone know where on the pcm the serial no is stored ??
TTVN

Post by TTVN »

charlay86 wrote:might want to invest in some IC sockets for your flash chips... definitely a lot cheaper than buying a new chip every time you snap a leg or two off :thumbup:

so true mate but im having trouble finding some at a reasonable price

150 pounds uk is a but much lol

any ideas????
TTVN

Post by TTVN »

just ordered some of these for anyone interested

http://www.chip-service.de/product_info ... ritec.html

Post by Newbie »

Let mw know if you get stuck need a new 28f400 i have around 80 new ones here.

Post by Newbie »

TTVN wrote: also does anyone know where on the pcm the serial no is stored ??
Im fairly sure its located in the embedded in processor not flash as i dont recall finding it in any of the bins i found