First fire up using Rt

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
engybenjy
cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop

Re: First fire up using Rt

Post by engybenjy »

Have a look at at EST params spark referance angle it is set at 10.2 is that correct ? isn't that the referance before TDC no.1 ?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah for a camira module you want around 10deg for the reference angle. It provides the cranking advance, so long as it matches the physical trigger all is well. On V8 modules and V6 DIS modules the setup will be a larger angle due to the way the triggering works.
inj gtr202
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

I haven't had a chance to give the new tune a go yet.
I've changed the fuel cut etc, my guess is It will be rich as a mo fo, but hopefully nice and smooth.
I will keep you guy's in the loop about the progress.
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

What a difference!!!!

Didn't take long for me to pull some fuel out of it and have it limping along nicely at around 14.5, even went up as high as 15.5 without bucking or being a turd!!!
I now seem to have the target AFR and the Actual AFR somewhere close to each other (in the high vacuum, low rpm areas) is it worth turning the VE learn on to get it smack on automatically?

I still don't wanna do the high rpm heavy load mapping until the rest is mickey mouse. Plus there is no way in hell I can put my foot in it more than once around the suburbs, the car would be impounded before I got to read the log.

Here is the last drive with the bin. Pretty boring cause I was just cruising around doing 60 in 4th most of the time. I did hold the brake and floor 2nd but once it got to about 3,500 rpm it started to take off and make too much noise.
I slightly changed some VE values.
Attachments
OSE $12P injgtr V005.bin
Current Bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
9Nov004.xdl
Latest log
(744.27 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats looking a hell of alot better :) time to enjoy the process now!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Looking heaps better :thumbup:
inj gtr202 wrote:I now seem to have the target AFR and the Actual AFR somewhere close to each other (in the high vacuum, low rpm areas) is it worth turning the VE learn on to get it smack on automatically
I would just do it manually as it will get the tune closer in a shorter time, does not take long to rip through a log and update heaps of the VE table. But you can turn it on and see if it works, just keep an eye on the VE table as you will likely need to give it a helping hand to smooth it off.
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

Quick update.

Managed to do some WOT tuning over christmas and I think I have got the tune as good as the original :D
The car will happily lope along with an afr around the 15 mark at 100kph and slightly less at 60kph (3,300 rpm and 1,600 RPM) So fuel economy has improved out of sight.
I have a few questions regarding AE enrichment and DE enleanment, but I will start new topics for them as well as a few other questions.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Great to hear :thumbup: :driving:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i agree, and all cause of a rev limit setting hehehe :) :punk:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

delcowizzid wrote:and with no IAC it will idle high when it warms up .you have to make it so you need to hold the gas open to keep it running when cold and idles at perfect rpm when hot or fit an iac

Add an auxiliary air regulator in that case if an IAC is not to be installed.

Its just a thermostat controlled air valve. Used on some D jetronic cars back in the day before IACs were invented.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.