16198259 corvette

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
keto
cars: turbo corolla van, v6 transit, turbo mazda

Re: 16198259 corvette

Post by keto »

ok so i fitted some seats and tidied up some more stuff, set the timing and it starts and sounds alot smoother, but it straight away bring the revs upto about 2500rpm (at a guess) but sounds smooth just excessivly high, i guess this may be injector size is out and timing issues etc???

tunerpro rt hooked up no problem and will download adx no problem, but havent got it to do any logging or display of gauges, don't really want to leave engine sitting there revinng like crazy with no exchast, whats the setting for idle called so i can alter and see if things change...

will chuck exchast and wideband on to check if kinflow is close but need to be able to emulate/log for it to be of much use :lol:

think i have a heap more reading ahead of me :wtf:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

does the TB have an IAC valve on it .sometimes the iac's are wired a bit different but ide start simple and turn the idle screw on the TB down and then restart engine to reset tps closed position untill it idles at the rpm set in the tune somewhere round 750-800 is where its set if it wont idle that slow turn it to your desired idle rpm in the tune then use the TB screw to make it idle with 20-40 iac steps on the tunerpro dash .i left the injector size stock as well in the tune.and make sure you bridge the aldl plug so it goes into base timing mode and then set advance to 10 degrees with timing light to set the true base advance
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
keto

Post by keto »

to set the base timing i used have the american way of doing it, the est wire has a plug on the loom (pin d5 on comp) i can dissconnect which locks the timing, i'm assuming this works the same way???

yep has a iac, 4wire if i remember correct, will double check that wiring, also has a tin blocking plate on idle screw i'm about to remove
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

One thing I only found out the other day from a fellow forum member is the IAC is wired differently on a '165 to '808 so may need to check that out.
IAC.jpg
IAC.jpg (44.17 KiB) Viewed 3569 times
keto

Post by keto »

ahhhhh ha, rewiring the IAC fixed it, starts idles and even drops the idle after warming, i still cant seem to get the dash bit to work, to see any data, anything special i need to setup to aquire data? like dash settings?

i can't seem to rev it much at the moment smells super rich, will hookup wideband as soon as i get the dash/logging to work
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

goto preferences in TP5 and see what the data aqu/emulation tab settings say should say either tunerpro I/O interface for just logging or if useing the plugin should be set to the plugin off this site
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
keto

Post by keto »

yep both set for OSE pplugin

when i open the dash, it show no gauges, and the little drop down menu doesn't have anything to select... maybe i've selected the wrong bin? at top of screen it says ose_$12P_v1.09_3BAR_TP5.adx | OSE_12PV110.xdf

what is the idle speed called in the menu? i can't seem to find it
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

oh do you have a 3bar not 2bar LOL better flick the tune to 3bar mode if you do i set it for 2bar .logging goto that same preference menu and click configure plugin componant and choose your comport and select cable echo and do the same for emulation plugin.then go and load your ADX for whatever sensor you are using there should be 1 2 and 3 bar for tp5 in the 12p zip open it and then click edit adx up the top and set rs232 echo on that too then go connect and click detect hardware
keto

Post by keto »

setting 3 bar sensor fixed heaps, haha, rev's sorta smooth, just abit of a flat spot, still can't get the dash working, echo's are on... will have a better play tomorrow, time to head home

thanks heaps guys!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I just tried all the ADXs and they worked ok in the latest TP5, got me wondering if the dash was not compatible with the latest TP5 maybe!

Does it connect? At the bottom of the screen it will have the data rate in Hz and DA:connected, DA:Connecting or DA:not connected