E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
Gareth

Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed

Post by Gareth »

Great job :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

hjtrbo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:59 am ooh shes rowdy, could have thrown a 4th gear pull while you were there :D
It's dumped at the extractors, 2 man job to put the exhaust back on, but i also need to change out the engine mounts as they have collapsed. Have a car to tune tomorrow, so if i get that done early enough I might be able to get them swapped over.
Tre-Cool

Post by Tre-Cool »

so couldnt be stuffed working on the vz before i fly out for work tomorrow but i did put in an old e38 with the vz's base tune into my vy ute which runs a later ecu os & 2011 tcm os..

tried playing around with editing the tcm os rx/tx settings to match the early 09 os settings im using in the vz, no go. wasn't getting a u0100 code which was wierd, but it would not engage 1st or any gears.

so i put the original tune that i run in it & modified some of the system segment rx message objects, turn it off. start it up and i have everything working again including tapshift.

Was only backing in/out of workshop coz this is a turbo setup & the ecu tune is just good enough to idle thanks to injectors/map settings. Before i left i played with the the tcm rx bit length values and while everything was working, once u engaged drive it would roll fwd a little in 1st gear, then drop out. Put values back & no issues.

So this clearly means u can mix/match any tcm os year with the ecus, if you get the settings correct.

I'll admit here that the settings that i've changed were literally just "Ill give this a go and see what happens"' & lately this seems to be working real well haha.

When i get back in a week, I'll continue playing to narrow down exactly what needs to be transmitting/receiving on ecm/tcm.

note. There are changes from the base vz os tune CAN settings to what's in the vy.
os-changes.PNG
os-changes.PNG (50.99 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Tre-Cool

Post by Tre-Cool »

So i paid for a download of the GMW3119 PPEI 2.5 document the other day & spent a few hours going through it tonight as i wasn't having any luck trying to find some of the early CAN ID's.

Turbokid provided a couple but since the VZ is a bastardized setup being from Australia and all, he did not have the ID's that i was trying to find.

I won't know for sure if the changes i've made in the 12609099 tune will work until thursday, but I think i should be able to get the immobilizer function working again now.

In the original 12607218 OS, CAN ID $130 is configured to RX, but it's not configured to RX in the later OS, which is just weird since they use the same PIM.

What does $130 do?
Vehicle Security Passwords
Vehicle Security Non Immobilizer Password
Outside Air Temperature Corrected Value Validity
Air Conditioning Refrigerant Low Side Fluid Temperature Validity
Vehicle Security Non Immobilizer Password Status

Might make some sense as to why the same ecu with original os tune it would start, but required vats off in the newer os.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Sooo I’d love to see this keep going.

Whether it be a OS change or modifying live data on the fly.

There’s actually a perfect module for this job to allow modifying CAN frames on the fly for this.

It’s made by Mitch Minton, here’s a link to the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/_t7AN1rdTPs?si=RhGV4ZO8dcCdCbko
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tre-Cool

Post by Tre-Cool »

Tazzi wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:36 pm Sooo I’d love to see this keep going.

Whether it be a OS change or modifying live data on the fly.

There’s actually a perfect module for this job to allow modifying CAN frames on the fly for this.

It’s made by Mitch Minton, here’s a link to the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/_t7AN1rdTPs?si=RhGV4ZO8dcCdCbko
Sadly there is slightly more to it to get the 10l90 happy. Turbokid mentioned that there is a dedicated 5v signal line or something that is used between the newer ecm & tcm.

He has a module working in testing.

Personally i need to offload a few cars that i have fixed up then I'll order a new trans in.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Tre-Cool wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:27 pm Sadly there is slightly more to it to get the 10l90 happy. Turbokid mentioned that there is a dedicated 5v signal line or something that is used between the newer ecm & tcm.

He has a module working in testing.

Personally i need to offload a few cars that i have fixed up then I'll order a new trans in.
I wasn't sure if the 5v analog was just for simulating something else or if it was actually related to the conversion itself?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726