What's needed for 5L real time?

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

What's needed for 5L real time?

Post by krusty »

Just weighing up between upgrading Kalmaker software to tune a 5L or going to TP RT.

Please enlighten me as to why I should go with TP over Kalmaker W00/ W10. I like what I've seen of the TP stuff but have never used it personally.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: What's needed for 5L real time?

Post by VL400 »

12P is free, windows based, and has an active support forum. They would be the biggest reasons I guess.

Others may be less biased than me and can offer some direct comparisons as I know a few users have converted from SP3.
DELCODE
cars: vr v6 commodore

Post by DELCODE »

12P shits all over sp3.
If you want to pay $300 for a security pal for every tune,if you you want to use an old laptop and win 98,and if you want a code that doesnt have as many features then kalmaker is for you. :rant:
jacomms
cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)

Post by jacomms »

Kalmaker has flaky comms and only runs on a DOS based PC with a serial port ....no usb support ....only 1 person to speak with if you can get hold of him and he is in WA only.

TP is free ......runs in windows serial or usb even works with bluetooth serial devices that come up as a USB device. active support via forum from people all over australia and the designers of the mods/xdf etc... are active members and willing to help unlike kalmaker

this is not just my bias thoughts but real feedback from a user of both systems.......well I no longer use kalmaker.....thankyou TP RT

Justin