98 vt srs light

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: 98 vt srs light

Post by yoda69 »

I checked both terminals for the pretensioner, both were connected, sos disconnected and reconnected several times as sometimes a small amount of corrosions can build up on the terminals which pushes the resistance outside the tolerances. This typically happens after somebody has had vehicle steam cleaned or a bottle of drink has leaked between console and seat. All looked OK.
Removed and refitted connector to SDM several times in case any corrosion on terminals.
Removed drivers airbag and checked connections, horn is working fine, still need to check clockspring to wiring harness.
Need to also check passengers airbag connectors as well.
Have a feeling I will need to check with a Tech2 to find out which circuit is causing the problems and work from there, as it still may be the clock spring itself.
Will keep you posted how I go.
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

OK, no luck, :cry: command appears to just reset theinstrument cluster, ie. resets trip computer and possibly any DTC's in the instrument cluster.
As soon the instruments gets the signal from the SDM to put the airbag light on through the BCM its straight back on, ie a few seconds after it disappears.
We need to find the adress of the SDM module and what command is required to reset it.
Will have to look into some hardware/software to sniff the commands when a Tech2 or similar is connected as I think I may be able to get access to one for a short time.
Anybody any ideras of where to start looking?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

hmm ok what about F1 56 04 B5 ?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

antus wrote:Try sending this ALDL packet down the bus:

F2 56 0A AE

AFAIK should work for at least VS and VT
$F2 is the instruments the string you have is to reset it
im trying to locate the string to do the SRS
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

antus wrote:hmm ok what about F1 56 04 B5 ?
No luck with this either. :(
I'm pretty sure the SRS is module 58, so tried various combinations with this but also couldn't get it to work.
Looking at a number of other sites, this is a very common problem that most people would like to be able to reset without going to the Dealer.
Obviously if there is a problem, it will keep coming up, but typically it is a high resistance that just needs the connectors cleaned, or the car has been powered up with one disconnected.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

thats all ive got on my list of maybes for now :( might be able to log the command from a hardware device, but will have to wait and see.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

This is in response to yoda's post about sniffing the tech 2 info packets.

I have a dirty old dos program which sniffs 8192 baud data with the use of a max 232 converter. You will need a pc with a serial port that runs on 98 or something older.

Or you could check beyond logics "interfacing the serial port" and write your own program.
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

Will have to wait for bit at the moment.
Hooked up a tech 2 and it came up with high capacitance of the drivers airbag circuit, after looking at the manual it would appear I'm up for a clockspring.

Looking at EFILive, it has dispaly ALDL chatter.
I was wondering if I Tee'd into the ALDL connector and recorded the chatter as the airbag was reset would I see the command?

Anybody know whether this would work?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i reckon you should yeah!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

yeah that should work :) look out for a command beginning with 0x58.