98 vt srs light

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
djbrooksy

98 vt srs light

Post by djbrooksy »

hi guy
i have made a bit of a bo bo
i was installing my car pc setup under the passenger seat of the miss vt and disturbed
the wire that runs to the seat belt and now the srs light is on
(i got a feeling im not getting lucky tonight)

is there a nice cheap way to reset the BCM apart from taking it to holden
as they wont just reset it
they want to check that its all ok first and charge me a arm and a leg to do so

cheers mick

EDIT By VL400: Thanks to yoda69 he has discovered the reset code .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... t=50#p7573
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: 98 vt srs light

Post by yoda69 »

I think your out of luck.
It happens quite a lot, they get disconnected to fit a radio, etc, then the vehicle is powered up to check the radio without reconnecting.
Once it has been logged as a fault it can be cleared by Holden, or some garages have generic Tech2 type device that can also clear them.
I know Holden usually charge between $30-50 to read and clear codes.

If you find another way to clear it I'll be very interested to find out how.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i dont know if efilives reset DTC function does the abs and airbag modules or only the PCM ide say most likely a holden job or any workshop that has a snap-on scanner
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

sorry for being slightly off topic but could one hook up a tech 2 AND a pc to a commodore, and sniff what it happening while dumping the codes and resetting, then make an efilive/scannerpro/custom program to replicate that?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

we might have to get monaro308 onto that one i think can most likely read the stream with some comm port monitor software
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

I'll take note of that next time.
I have a VT 6 and efi-live and will force some DTC's and take some screen shots and whatever else i can find as i'm hopeless on the hacking reading side of what you all know and understand.
Alot of it goes over my head but i'm always keen as hell to read what gets posted here.
It may take a while as last time i borrowed the tech 2 to programme a couple of key fobs, a few people at work cracked the sads....even though it was on a weekend when no one uses it.

It won't happen today...but it will happen :punk:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i reckon just tee into the aldl wire with you aldl cable and have the tech 2 in the port and use something like this free comm port monitor program http://free-serial-port-monitor.smartcode.com/info.html to watch the aldl cable and it should capture what the tech 2 sends to the ecu ide say .might be good for finding out a few good tricks to add to efilive or scannerpro or for making a standalone program to program keys and BCMs etc
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I suspect that if the code doesnt go away when the ecu is left disconnected for a while that the code must be stored on the eeprom. Sure knowing the aldl command is the best way to do it but another way might be to create a memcal with a small program to erase the eeprom. Run once with that code then put the original chip back in and the ecu will probably reset the eeprom and jobs done. No VT ecu here to test with, though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Last time I looked at the wiring diagram, I think it uses Pin 1 on the ALDL connector (Also used for BCM, Instruments and ABS), EfiLive doesn't use this pin as the engine ECU uses a different (PIN 9 I think on a VT anyway). The Module for SRS this that stores the code is the one under the centre console, it is known as an SDM module in the Holden manuals.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Erasing codes in the PCM is easy enough, its a mode 10 ALDL to do that. The ABS/SRS codes I dont know how to erase, the codes are not stored in the PCM.