98 vt srs light

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
vsboost

Re: 98 vt srs light

Post by vsboost »

Hi all, just wondering if anybody has some more information on this situation, a friend of mine just got this problem and we tried sending those commands to the system and no go, according to efilive the SRS module is $F7 so we tried sending F7, 56, 0A and nothing..

Cheers
The1

Post by The1 »

Hi mate,

I thought SRS Module was $FA, ive been trying to clear my codes as well on my vs v6. I actually set the light off playing with $F2 which is apparently the instrument cluster, i think i reset the cluster and because of that the airbag logged a code, like taking the cluster out and turning the key on.
The1

Post by The1 »

Ive also found $F9 is ABS $F1 is BCM just not having much luck with SRS :sad2:
The1

Post by The1 »

i found this thread which might shed some light on the tech1 with srs
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr- ... issue.html
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

The VS has no serial data to the cluster
the vs module id's are

PCM f5
ECM f5
BCM bd
ABS f9
SRS f2

Rob
The1

Post by The1 »

thanks for that Dr Bob i thought the cluster having a data id was weird but thinking that say level 3 might have some sort of extra diags could be the case but obviously not. Im using Efilive V4 when i used $F1 and ran the Clear DTC code it reset the BCM i havn't tried BD maybe they are the same?

I have no airbag faults and the light hasn't been on but after running clear DTC on $F2 the light comes on now all the time, so obviously the clear DTC code activated something, will have to experiement more. See if i can setup a macro to pull dtc codes from srs

I can clear codes from abs $F9 fine and ecu $F5
The1

Post by The1 »

Doctor Bob wrote:The VS has no serial data to the cluster
the vs module id's are

PCM f5
ECM f5
BCM bd
ABS f9
SRS f2

Rob
They all seem to work apart from BCM which is F1 for me. Im having no luck talking to the SRS module though, i was able to send clear codes which turned the airbag light on but just can't get it to go out now. Arh well give me something to work on. $F2,$57,$0A,$00,$AD was the code i used in EFILive which turned the airbag light on!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The BCM ID is $F1, in the VR its $BD.
The1

Post by The1 »

im still trying to figure it out, would be nice if had access to a scantool and could capture the commands being sent, hopefully someone with access to one can do this.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

I have a mate who had problems with the airbag light because he swapped clusters from one with more airbags.
I did read somewhere that the tech 2 in the right hands can also configure the system for different airbag options.
Be good if someone could figure that out as well.