98 vt srs light

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
jacomms
cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)

Re: 98 vt srs light

Post by jacomms »

Yeh thats right

from mem there are 4 diff configs for the SRS..... if you have a tech 2 handy its in the Inst. menu then in config options. I had to change mine also, then enable police mode for digital speedo to :-)

Justin
The1

Post by The1 »

i found this for tech 2 vt model

SRS Configuration
Press Modify soft key to set to one of the following options:
• No SRS
• 2 Loop SRS
• 3 Loop SRS
• 4 Loop SRS
• 6 Loop SRS
NOTE: Configuration of the various SRS systems is as follows:
• a 2-loop system is for left-hand drive vehicles with pre-tensioners only.
• a 3-loop system is for vehicles with pretensioners and driver’s air bag only.
• a 4-loop system is for vehicles with pretensioners, driver’s air bag and front passenger’s air bag only.
• a 6-loop system is for vehicles with pretensioners, driver’s air bag, front passenger’s air bag and side air bags.
The1

Post by The1 »

i got ahold of the vs.bin file that the tech1 uses to reset the airbag light, but even with a hex editor i couldn't find much info, i think a tech1 with a serial cable and serial port monitor will be the only way to find out how.
brett_jjj
cars: VS Commodore

Post by brett_jjj »

The1 wrote:i got ahold of the vs.bin file that the tech1 uses to reset the airbag light, but even with a hex editor i couldn't find much info, i think a tech1 with a serial cable and serial port monitor will be the only way to find out how.
How would someone go about doing this with the tech 1? I'll give it a go,but Im not sure exactly how to go about it.What program can be used to do this?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

efilive v4 has a monitor function that'll be suitable, but you will need to get a bit creative with the electronics. With ALDL the data travelling in one direction is +5v and the other is -5v. You want to see both and the normal aldl interfaces will only show you the data the ecu sends out which is the wrong side of the conversation. You'll need to modify the interface somehow to take this in to account.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

ALDL is just +5v so you will see everything - its a half duplex single wire system. You will have to work out packet direction though, but if you can get some data and post it up it wont be too hard to figure out.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Finally a winner.
Just replaced the clockspring in my VT V6 as this is why the airbag light was on.
I found the following information on another forum and decided to give it a go, and bingo it clears the DTC, no more airbag light or beeps on start up. :thumbup:

FA 56 0A A6

The A6 on the end is the checksum, so make sure the Auto checksum is disabled or leave the A6 off.
Note that if there is a fault in your system the airbag light will come back on after a few seconds, or if intermittent, sometime over the next couple of weeks.

yoda69
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

:thumbup: nice work yoda
The1

Post by The1 »

can you post up the efilive file, im trying here but not working for me so far. Whereabouts is the checksum feature in efilive
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

hmmmmm, I wonder if the same command will work on a vs. my clock spring is buggered too.