98 vt srs light

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
The1

Re: 98 vt srs light

Post by The1 »

i was mainly working on VS as that is my cars model, i dont have access to to a VR to test, but ill see if anyone has the VR Service or Systems Bin file, if i can burn the chips in the cartridges sucessfully id be happy to burn the one on your cartridge if it has a big enough epromm
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

just a hint, the VN DLC plug is the same as a VU taillight connector
the adapter is straight through, no smart stuff in it,
the bind i have are all dealer oem ones
il have a look for the cartidge over the weekend
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

The VT/VX sedans also use this connector for the tail lamps, that's where I got mine from. :thumbup:
Possibly a little easier to find at the wreckers than a VU, but at least know you have a few options.
Easiest thing at thw wreckers, is just cut one off and then go check on a VN that it fits.

yoda69
Apples

Post by Apples »

I was going to use a camira aldl plug from a old harness and connect it to a new 16 pin aldl plug to making my own adapter.
The reason for this is I don't think the high speed data wire is in the vn adapter plug.
If some one can tell me other wise it would be good.
I have a few vn plugs from old vs - vt factory trailer plug harnesses which have both ends,
I used them when making old data logging cables before realtime came of age.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
The1

Post by The1 »

cool tips guys, ill have a look for one of those plugs, i have now recieved the Tech1a and to my supprise it's brand spankin new, it still had all the protective strips on the screen and keypad, all the cables and connectors were still in sealed plastic wrap!!! Score, just waiting for the DLC plug and the cartridges to arrive now.
The1

Post by The1 »

update i got the 16/12pin aldl obd2 connector and also got the cartridges, one was dead, the other one is working it was a 87 - 90 ECM Plus cartridge, it has a removable uv eprom 27C512 chip which is 512k and the vs bin file is that size, i dont have a uv eraser so ive got some winbond eeproms coming which are the same so i chuck them straight into my willem and then give the cartridge a go. Ill update again later once ive done this.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Anyone find a way to reset the klm's on a level three instrument cluster
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

from what i under stand it can either only be wound forward or not at all without chip removal
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i once pulled a speedo apart and if you pull the apart enough you can move all the numbers one at a time by hand, but its a mission. i did this when i bought a replacement dash for a vn, it had a 2 at the front instead of a 1 that the car it was going into had!
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Yeah i found this info for the tech 2 on the vt http://www.excelerate.com.au/downloads/ ... rogram.pdf
But i have a vr and have a few level 3 clusters with assorted k's i wanted to toy with.
Holden202 i know what you mean some of them non digital clusters can be a nightmare to dismantle and worst thing i ever did was old motorbike cluster restore . i found one firm push on the number you want to go back works without pulling it all apart.