Alternative $12P hardware

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
GONZO

Alternative $12P hardware

Post by GONZO »

Hi Guys, I have been using Kalmaker SP3 for a long time and I am fairly happy with it. I have a HP pavilion DV4 running windows 7 with virtual PC running from a DOS boot disk. FTDI USB to serial with spoofed baud rate. I works really well but I want to try Tunerpro RT with the OSE 12P. It is running a 351 Windsor with a 808 (Yes I realise this is obvious given I have SP3 :wtf: ).

Can I program in real time with TPRT using $12P with the SP3 hardware?
I had a half hearted attempt at getting something sorted about 12 months ago, but family commitments didn't help. I couldn't get anything communicating back then, :wall: (but I didn't know how to spoof the baud rate either).
I really dont want to buy another ECU, comms board and RT board if I dont have to.
I know a few of you guys are familiar with SP3 hardware and will be able to shed some light on this. I am happy to modify my existing hardware.

Obviously the PAL would need to be removed to utilise the hardware. Does the single 10K netres resistor pose any problems?

DS1230 or DS1245 SRAM?

Does the Read - Write line need changing? Hi - Low jumper? PCM-ECU jumper?

Cheers

GONZ
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Alternative $12P hardware

Post by antus »

nothing needs changing, just put 12p on the nvram. can leave or remove the security pal. can also use tp5 with sp3 with the sp3 xdf, but 12p is preferable :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Alternative $12P hardware

Post by VL400 »

Also to add, with the FTDI usb-serial there is no need to fudge the baud rate in Windows. Might just need to check the echo settings for the kalmaker hardware - not sure if they have echo or not.

The 10K netres is likely for cyl select to tell the ECU how many cylinders the engine has, I think kalmaker just supply you a 4, 6 or 8 cyl board.

If your using a DS1230Y burn a 32kb 12P bin with a offset of 0, if its a DS1245Y then burn the stacked bin provided in the 12P package again with offset of 0.

Should be good to go :thumbup: