New To TunerPro RT

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
VX L67 Getrag

New To TunerPro RT

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey guys as most of you know, I bought the kalmaker workshop series a month or so ago,
But with that I think i'm going to have to pay around$200 for a security feature when I want to burn to memcal!
So I thought I would buy tuner pro RT & see how that goes for as far as I have read I can do any altereations to it so long as the pcm that is in the vehicle has a nvram in it is this right?
If so where is the cheapest place to buy these & what do they go for?
No about learning to use tuner pro, when I load a bin, i'm pretty sure you have to match the xdf with it, is there somewhere that has a list of bins with matching xdf's?
As I learn more I will ask more questions unless, someone has posted this sort of thing before & can just forward me to previous posts!

Cheers All In Advance!!!!
VX L67 Getrag :punk:
delcowizzid

Re: New To TunerPro RT

Post by delcowizzid »

tnerpro is good but theres not really any full XDF's for VT yet is the issue.some settings are defined but not all of them far from good enough to do your manual L67 yet
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LMAO!!!

So I just wasted money on buying all the stuff?

it is true tho isn't it with nvram in factory pcm you can do real time tune?

where do I get started with info for tuner pro?

I have a xdf of your's delcowizz for vt & jasonb's,
But with the others i've downloaded here do I find the relevant info for hich xdf is for which bin?
like $a5 & $32b & so on?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Oh & another 1 if I pull the factory bin off my memcal is there a xdf that I can get off it also?
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

XDFs are "hand created", they are not downloadable from the ECM or anything like that. The XDF is solely used by Tuner Pro to show the tables, maps, constants, etc that are contained within the bin. Think of the XDF as a "road map" to the bin.

You don't need an NVSram to use TP RT in real time, there are other products such as the Ostrich 2.0 or Auto Prom, both available from moates.net. I know these items work on the US Delco ECMs, and as long as your Australian ECM uses a 27c128/256/512 or equivilant then these products will also work for you.

I personally use the Ostrich 2.0 for tuning.

TP RT is also good for datalogging, not just tuning in real time. There are many times when I'm in the car and just use the datalogging feature to keep an eye on certain variables, without actually tuning.

There is an abundance of information on TP RT on the forums at tunerpro.net.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nope the xdf's are made with lots of hard work have to dissasemble the bin and comment it for VT this could take well over a year in itself so i hear.then once thats done you can begin making a full xdf.i dont know how much of a help them VT xdf's will be they are pretty basic one i think is actually a V8 one not V6 they both might be dunno been a while since i made my one kalmaker will work fine when you get into it and learn your way round
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

six the VS commodore onwards use 32 pin 27C010 and the emulators cant work in these ecu's yet as far as i know theres some funny bank switching between 2 lots of 64K that the emulators cant do.VX onwards dont even run a memcal they have on board flash chip that can be programmed buy holden when it needs an update
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Be careful with the $A5 xdf, as this code ID was also used for the VP's and the current one on this site is for the VP not the VT.
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

delcowizzid wrote:six the VS commodore onwards use 32 pin 27C010 and the emulators cant work in these ecu's yet as far as i know theres some funny bank switching between 2 lots of 64K that the emulators cant do.VX onwards dont even run a memcal they have on board flash chip that can be programmed buy holden when it needs an update
The Ostrich 2.0 should also work for that. It does support 32 pin EEPROM emulation as well, I just haven't used it personally, since I don't have an application that uses anything more than a 28 pin EPROM. Take a look at the pages for it:
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php? ... cts_id=169
http://support.moates.net/2008/09/11/os ... -overview/

Also, and I'm not sure I should really mention this but dual emulator support is coming, I've already said too much now. :shh:
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Interesting.. I just skimmed over the specs 10 mins ago and didnt see the magic 27c010, but now I re-read it I see it does say "from 4k (2732A) up to 512k (4mbit 29F040) and everything in between" so that would be 512kbyte not 512kbit! I wonder if anyone on this side of the world has noticed that before. With all the regular talk of proms in kbit I reckon more than a few people would have misinterpreted that. Good news, though. The bank switching isnt a problem as the xdf would be written in terms of the bin, not in terms of the PCM mapping in to the processors smaller 64kbyte address space, so emulation of the chip would be all thats needed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396