Converting 202 to ABS Crank Trigger

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Converting 202 to ABS Crank Trigger

Post by VL400 »

There is info on converting to DIS using a delco here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=128

This picture shows the difference in slot/tooth width and what it does to the signal (on an extreme level). The amplitude difference is just that the simulation wheel runout was really bad :lol:
Narrow vs wide slot.jpg
Narrow vs wide slot.jpg (35.27 KiB) Viewed 6306 times
Wide slot SM.jpg
Wide slot SM.jpg (116.25 KiB) Viewed 6306 times
Sensor width slot SM.jpg
Sensor width slot SM.jpg (124.31 KiB) Viewed 6306 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

WOW.. even for a novice like me... that is friggen amazing!!!!

HOLDEN202T have you got your back in action & put it to the test yet & not on a torsional balancer?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

no i haven't, i've just recently put the abs sensor back on the motor with the diodes in place but other than some testing in the shed i haven't used it at all
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok nice update today :)

got one of VL400's ignition modules to run on the gemini, this is going to be the way to make 6 coils happen (with the right crank trigger) on the 202, and so the first step was to get it wired into the delco to replace the camira ignition module etc.
so far so good, its running on the 202 dizzy pickup and ignition module firing 1 x LS2 coil and is working flawlessly (in the shed atleast).

so now will work on getting the abs sensor on the balancer working then it will be another step closer!

heres a video of the car running and showing the wiring and ls2 coil aswell as the module inside the car.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QagRavs1J4g[/youtube]

and i had to test the rev limiter function :) 3000rpm setting.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3JJKemz-c[/youtube]

hoping to tidy this up now, ie. rather than running the wires out to the delco wires in the bay (that used to connect to the camira module) i'll run them and power all internally in the car to the ecm then just need the trigger wires and coil driver wires going out into the bay, should clean it up a bit then.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i cant wait for one of these so i can use a launch limiter to spool the turbo on the vb crazy
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

got the abs sensor working with this last night too.

got a log of the two one after the other to show the difference, even at low revs where the dizzy trace is alot smoother its still nowhere near the smoothness of the abs sensor!
dizzy trace.jpg
dizzy trace.jpg (118.24 KiB) Viewed 6204 times
abs sensor trace.jpg
abs sensor trace.jpg (140.23 KiB) Viewed 6204 times
now this is working i am thinking of cutting 5 teeth of the dizzy rotor and using it as a sync reference for cam sensor and then i can try some more coils :)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What an improvement! Thats really working out well :thumbup: :driving:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if you need even more spark LS2 truck coils have 3 times the amperage of an ls1 coil and are a lot cheaper :cash:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'm using LS2 coils (i have 8 of them :)) but i don't think they are off a truck. either way its going to shit all over the camira coil i was running before so im sure it will be fine :)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There are a number of different LS2 coils, some even have a small heatsink on the rear. The ones holden202 have are D513A. I have compared a D514A to a LS1 coil and it makes the LS1 spark look (and sound) comparatively small - current draw is FAR higher on the LS2 coils, but dwell times are also shorter to reach saturation.