4l60e tuning q's

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
hot308vb
cars: Vt v6 Berlina daily driver
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff

4l60e tuning q's

Post by hot308vb »

hey guys
i'm just after some info about the force motor settings does anyone know the relationship between the fm duty cycle/amps as to what psi that equates to in the box? i'm tuning my bros vs auto and found even though ive adjusted some force motor- tps vs kph points to 90psi i'm still getting some excess slip and want to know via duty cyc or amps as to whether or not the 90psi is getting to the box?
also are there any "abuse" factors that reduce line pressure at wot upshifts to limit too much slip?
cheers
Rob
The1

Re: 4l60e tuning q's

Post by The1 »

if it's set to 90psi in that area and still slipping then most likely the clutches are worn out or fluid is bad.

in the datalogs should be commanded and actual force motor amps. If it does not match within 160milliamps then a dtc will be logged.

0.15 amps is 90psi 1.1amps is 0psi.
retrotuner
cars: VT SS II ,HX Kingswood, VYII Adventra

Post by retrotuner »

Lower voltage - More Pressure
Higher Voltage- Less Pressure
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

It might help to know that the "slip" value is calculated from the difference between the engine speed and the transmission "input" speed.
the transmission input speed is calculated from the vss reading then adjusted with the current gear ratio.
This means that the slip value is a combination of the torque converter slip and the transmission slip.
So you will certainly see higher slip at wot shifts as the torque converter does its thing.