antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Antusprom - tunerpro realtime via ALDL

Post by antus »

Reading through antusprom will be slower as the ecu is polled from the software, and the extra layer of read/write takes time. The timeouts are only x milliseconds, but the process becomes

efilive->antusprom: give me data
antusprom->efilive: echo
antusprom->ecu: give me data
antusprom: (short delay)
ecu->antusprom: here it is
antusprom->efilive: here it is.

Each layer adds a some milliseconds, and slows things down but that is the time cost of software multiplexing 2 apps datastreams.

I still plan to release a gui version one day with more options, and the ability to enable/disable echo will be one of them. Or maybe tunerpro 5 will come out and support aldl write which will be better again.
Dont hold your breath for the gui version though, I have a graphical form on it now but figuring out how to access the data in unfamiliar visual c it taking some of the little time i have :(

Good to hear it is working for you, though. I suspect you are getting some data corruption as its taking over 2 mins to read the prom, but at least the error correction/retry stuff must be working.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I was going to open your source code in visual studio to take a look, but I unticked c++ during installation to save 2 gigs of space. wish I had have left it ticked now :(
I am an Sql/Vb man but I am surrounded by devs here at work that code in C all day in visual studio so im sure I can get some help from them :D
which visual studio verison did you code it in? 2005, 2008?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

im about to fire up the ecu and antusprom tomorrow so ill tell you how long mine takes too.definatly not 2 mins im sure
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

ive been playing with the baud rate (which made no diff) and some of the timing settings and turned off echo on the passthough line in the source code, I managed to get it to 75 seconds download of a bin, and efilive went from 5 frames per second to 7.5 frames per second. so much improved. downside is that efilive now times out and stops logging if I try to update somethign in tunerpro. more playing required methinks :D
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Good one, the power of open source :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i had the same issue with efilive today dropped out every time i changed a byte scannerpro was sweet though so i think its a definition issue to do with timing in the definition or something works great though :mrgreen: now just to get the vss sorted so i can tune on the move instead of just fixing the idle
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yeah, antusprom does implement locking so that the ecu is only handling one request at a time. This does mean that the software needs to be tolerant of a late reply. I guess scannerpro waits around a little longer than efilive. Cant really do much about that, except perhaps store the last reply and copy it ant return the copy if the ecu is busy but would be hard to tell if a record is fake or not in efilive.. you could only compare it to the previous one and if it is identical then you know that its a fakie. Perhaps this feature could be an option.
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

After much playing around, I have managed to get antusprom running reliably on my realtime equipped 3082 ECU.
Even with the FTDI interface, I had to reduce the driver latency timers and buffer sizes to minimise timeouts.
I have modified an ADS file, and configured the data tracing finctions of Tunerpro so that while the engine is running, the active cell in the fuel and spark tables are highlighted.
ALDL is currently managing ~8 samples per second.

I still have a couple of items to fix in the ADS file, and will post when it is ready.

This stuff rocks! :punk:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

liking the sounds of an ADS file .... :thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Hell yeah ADS sounds great :) Glad to hear you got it working.

Im still working on a gui version, have been sick, and busy when im not sick, but havnt forgotten about it. :driving: