Antusprom - tunerpro realtime via ALDL

Programs / Tools / Scripts
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Re: Antusprom - tunerpro realtime via ALDL

Post by mag »

As I am planning to move to RT tuning using VL400's hardware ASAP, though I should take a look at the appropriate forum & use your expertise.

Initially interested in the issue of laptop serial port problems, speed, data loss etc. Had intended to use my laptop serial port until I read this thread, was the laptop serial port the problem, what was the solution, or has everyone simply gone the usb to serial converter path.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I never got the timing exactly right. I think I need to re-visit antusprom, and can hopefully improve the reliability of the comms. VL400's flash tool works OK and hes done the serial differently to me, so hopefully if I re-work it his way It should improve the compatibility. If it doesnt work for you I'd be happy to work on it with you over the net and send trial builds with different timings, or make it configurable so you can see what works for you. Or better yet back to the first option, just make it work for all interfaces in the first place!

The data is checksummed in both directions, so if it fails you should see lots of re-transmits but it shouldnt actually corrupt any data. So its safe to experiment*

* the checksum is 8 bit, so there is a 1 in 256 probability of corrupted data passing with a fluke of a checksum, but even then it might not cause trouble but even then if you have a good copy of the file saved to your pc, you can recover.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mag

Post by mag »

Just had a look on ebay & can get usb to serial converter + cable from Hongkong for $5-00 delivered, hardly makes real serial port connection worthwhile if it could be a problem.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

just be careful, it seems theres only a select few type of usb to serial interfaces that work for our needs .... FTDI being the most reliable.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

just make sure its an FTDI chip based cable mate or its worthless i think mine was an FTDI US111 version works great with antusprom and flashtool
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
mag

Post by mag »

Thanks for the warning. Might hold out & see if the hardware serial port is any good first.
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

After some issue's with PROM programmer I Have finally got High speed comm's and real time mod working on my '808 :punk:

The problem I have now is when running antusprom EFILive wont connect and the ALDL in Tunerpro connects but I don't get any data (comms port is set to the 2nd port of the 2nd virtual pair).
The ADS im using works fine when its directly connected but not when it connected through the antusprom program . I've downloaded scannerpro but havn't had a chance to try it. I read somthing about having to offset some values in the ADS/ADX when using Antusprom is this right?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Antus prom adds a fake echo as this is tunerpros requirement, so for efilive or scanner pro you need to change the echo setting to 'yes' when it is normally set to no. Then it should work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

I've tried with the echo checked and unchecked. In EFILive I get a message saying Comm port not avalible and Scannerpro tries to connect but gets error's ,tunerpro 4 connects but there's no data ??? I have tried different comms ports for the virtual pair's and have checked in device manager that nothing else is using the port's, I can't work out what i'm doing wrong. The Realtime/emulation side of things in tunerpro work fine and I can datalog with all 3 program's when antusprom is not running but for some reason I can't get them both working together.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

sounds like a problem with your com0com loopback ports.. what port numbers do they have? Try connecting to the other end of the pair? What command line are you giving to antusprom?