vz v8 E38 reading and writing...

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
gold73

vz v8 E38 reading and writing...

Post by gold73 »

Hi all, thanks for the previous help, what product am i looking for to read and modify an E38 ECM? There seems to be products for the earlier units but not much for the later stuff. I just need to make a stand alone ECM without VATS and all the other non essential stuff but with a standard tune.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: vz v8 E38 reading and writing...

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

The E38's IMHO seem to be the same whether there read/written with any software, I've read 2006 E38's to 2014 & they seem to all have the options especially for VAT's patch.

It's pretty basic/common to find even in .bin format & that wheel hasn't evolved.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: vz v8 E38 reading and writing...

Post by antus »

Yeah for a 1 off your probably better of paying someone to do it. Any tuning shop should be capable. What they charge might be another story. If you have the software and licenses you can do it yourself easily but its high initial cost (see efilive (my preference) or hptuners or maybe tunercat if you can find it for sale).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396