Hummmm

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
Mick

Hummmm

Post by Mick »

Hi there fellas,

I have been testing Craig Moates V1 and V2 Ostrich Emulators with RTunerCat and RTunerPro. Both of which with updates will upload 128kb bin files to the Emulators for real time tuning.

Currently I'm testing AM29F040 chips to replace the out dated 27C010 chip in the OEM memcals. Might even get a switcher going for these later model Holden's you never no.

There's some fun to be had.....

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
delcowizzid

Re: Hummmm

Post by delcowizzid »

nice one mick ive heard the ostrich is a good tool it was allways on my too get list but I just never got around to getting one.ive had switched eproms in my vp before great for testing or for having a tune for 91 and 96 fuel on each bin .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Mick

Post by Mick »

Hi Fellas,

I have sent Craig Moates a link to this site as I know he is interested in Helping out with the support for the Holden's.

Been working on the support for the real-time tuning for the later model Holden's for a little while now and Criag has allways shown great support. All of his hardware is top quality.

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Hi all,new member here courtesy of delcowizzid.
I've been running the Ostrich2 for about 1 year now and it is a must for RT tuning and time saving.
Moates delivery was super quick and any help needed from Craig is A1.
Even though i'm still a newby/part time tuner....it's good insurance for my feeble tuning mind :mrgreen:

I'm running a homemade EFI 308 red TH700R4 with VR manual 082 ECU and $12def.
cheers...mario
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Hey mario good to see you decided to join up.hope you put up some picks of your homemade efi manifold in the conversion thread at some stage.realtime abuility is so handy for conversions like yours and others as it speeds up the whole process of modifying the stock bins for the slightly different engine configuration saves lots of chip burns i have done over 100 burns just to get my stock v6 with bolt-ons with stock ecu and bin to perform at its peak would of been so much faster with an ostrich.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Hi Delco,yeah i will post up some pics as soon as i can.
My puter has had another HD installed and will get the pics.
Backs soon...cheers
Poida
cars: TE-TG Holden Geminis
JE Camira
Early Holden Rodeos
Early Holden Jackaroos
E12 & E30 BMWs
Holden Piazzas
plus others...

Post by Poida »

Hi peoples. Just joined as well. I'm sure some of you already know who I am ;)

I have one of Craig Moates earlier creations, the APU1
this is my choice of hardware to use with the Tuner Pro RT software on a Delco 808.

I also have dredged up a bucket load of info over the years so I'll sort through it all and forward a lot of it on to this forum. Craig will certainly be interested in the Aussie use of the Delco which I believe really has a place in the modified car scene, not only for performance work but also for converting a 'dirty' carby with points ignition to a cleaner and more economical and efficient EFI system managing both fuel and ignition.

Another helpful source of info has been from Choco Mundy and his knowledge of everything Delco with his series of tech manuals. I really recommend buying these for a better understanding of how EFI systems work and understanding what actually happens when you make adjustments to programming software. His contribution to the Kalmaker packages has been substantial although I'm not particularly a fan of buying a 'commercial' product to manipulate the Delco. I guess the Kalmaker is more designed to be used by mechanics who wish to keep their money coming in. All good though, it still means using Delco technology. Choco's user manual on setting up the Kalmaker Street Pro 3 is here. Masses of really useful info on the workings of the Delco is in this manual.
* using Moates APU1 AutoProm & TunerPro RT