VS V6 tune.

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Streetholden
cars: VH, VK, VS, VU

VS V6 tune.

Post by Streetholden »

Hey guys, just looking for a quote on a decent tune for when i build my motor. So i dont need it now, heres a list of what ill be doing so far, just looking at a rough price.

Pacemaker extractors to high flow cat to 2.5" cat back
Mace 12mm insulator and spacer
Twin 70mm tbs on the lid of the plenum (so will require a mafless tune)
Cam: • 216°/216° at .050" • Intake Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio) • Exhaust Lift .317" (.507" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio • 111 LSA
81deg thermostat
flat top pistions (think roughly 10:1)
105lb springs and porting the exhaust ports on the head to the paccys
Fresh rebuild
Will be using the VT higher pound injectors too.

Thats what im pretty much aiming for and i really cant afford $1500 to get it tuned on a dyno.
The1

Re: VS V6 tune.

Post by The1 »

depends what you want to do and how fussy you are, some places have cam and chip packages, or you can do it all yourself using this website and plenty of help available, there are some that can do remote tuning via logs, i have offered this, but have limited time atm, but you would want to get a wideband setup mtxl or 14.7:1 kit to log in with it so that the afr's are in the logs to do a decent job.
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Thats mate, ill have a think about it, havnt even started building the engine yet.
The1

Post by The1 »

if it was mine i wouldn't worry about mafless or twin TB, just go a single large one, save your money and spend on other parts perhaps headwork if it fits in budget.
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Head work is being done to it, nothing major. Not much else to do to it, cam and flat tops is bout all the aim was for.